Incentives and Offers
There are lots of extra reasons to buy a house at Chancel Meadows. With two products from Help to Buy available, equity loans and shared ownership, purchasing your home is easier and more affordable than ever.
The Help to Buy purchasing options we offer are backed by the Government, so you can feel confident that you’re getting a fair deal.
Take a look at our incentives and offers below to find out more.
Who can apply for a Help to Buy?
- You don’t have to be a first time buyer but you will need to sell your current property which means the property you intend to buy is your only home
- You need a minimum 5% deposit
- You need to have £2,500 to cover the cost of buying a new home for things like legal expenses
- The home you want to buy must be newly built with a maximum price of £600,000
- You’ll need to fund a minimum of 80% of the cost of the property through a mortgage
- You must be a British national citizen or have permanent leave to remain in the UK (people from member states of the EU/European Economic Area may also apply if you’re living and working in the UK. A work permit is not proof of this status.)
How to apply for Help to Buy
- Read the buyer’s guide to find out more about how the scheme works
- Find a home by choosing a property at Chancel Meadows
- Seek financial advice from a financial adviser. They can check eligibility, affordability, offer mortgage advice and fill out the paperwork
- Reserve the property with our home sales advisor who will complete the property information form with you and submit the paperwork to Help to Buy North East, Yorkshire and Humberside (NEYH).
- Get authority to proceed from Help to Buy. They will carry out an eligibility and affordability assessment. If your application is successful you will be notified within three working days.
- Apply for your chosen property by completing the Help to Buy application form. This will be processed and you’ll either receive a confirmation email within the hour or a call from a member of our team.
Shared ownership is a way of buying a property at an affordable price.
You can buy a share in the property – between 25% and 75% – and pay affordable rent for the remaining share.
To buy a property through shared ownership you will need to qualify and this scheme is only available on selected properties.
You need to complete an application so we can assess your income and work out what share value you could buy.